Gypsies

me: Talk like a gypsy.
boy: Huh?
me: I want to enter this guy's contest on his blog and have to talk about gypsies.
boy: What about gypsies?
me: I have no idea either. [I was going to mention the Singing Tree and how annoyed I was by it when I was a kid because of the way-too-perfect heroine who had my name, but she was Hungarian. Not Rom (or is it Roma? Is that plural only).]
boy: Yeah, so? Why bother?
me: So how about you say something that makes you sound Rom. Or maybe like that guy in the movie we watched. Everything is Illuminated. I do this, we might win music from that movie.
boy: That music ROCKED.
me: Yup. I have to discuss gypsies in my blog and--
boy: Menny gurlz wish to be carnal with me.
me: Okay. Good enough.
boy: On account of my premium dancing. Haff jew seen my seeink eye beech? Hey beech! Do you know I am carnal with many gurlz? I disseminate much currency so as to be carnal with many gurlz.
me: Enough!
boy: Hey leetle broozer, do you know many gurlz--
me: ENOUGH!

The boy continues to use the words "carnal" and "beech" as many times as possible in a really bad sort of Eastern European accent.

He did this for a long time. We suffered for this entry, Douglas. We better win.

Comments

  1. Anonymous2:47 PM

    Certainly takes the prize for FUNNIEST entry, Kate. I don't think I'd want to know about my son's carnality, nor much about his beech.

    I wish everyone could win a Gogol Bordello CD, but I think my wife would kill me if I did that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:13 PM

    No matter how many times I read "On account of my premium dancing" and "disseminate much currency," I still laugh like a loon.

    Your kid is a comic genius.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Much as I would love to give him credit for the lines, they're straight from the movie (actually straight from the book). The accent however is from nowhere on this planet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:45 PM

    I didn't know they made Everything is Illuminated into a movie. We're talking the book by Jonathan Safran Foer, right? Or something else entirely? (I should check this in IMDB before I look like too much of an idiot, shouldn't I?)

    Still: Premium dancing. Hee!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:23 PM

    Hey Candy, yup, same book, same movie. Rent it. It's worth it just for Eugene Hutz.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

No snark. Bad puppy. No. (Review stuff.)