what I'm talking about above--the letter in RWR
I've cut out bits here and there but the gist is there. I don't want to cut too much because she's a good writer (other than the actual thinking/tolerance part) and it's bad idea to ignore that fact. . . . romance isn't about just any "two people" celebrating "love in its many forms." Organizations such as the Man-Boy Love Association would certainly refer to themselves as celebrating love "two people" (or more) finding love in one of its many forms" . . . while they actively promote pedophilia. Think RWA can't go down that slipper slope? Think again. Under our present definition, we cannot exclude such "love stories" under the category of "romance". We, as a culture, seem to have forgotten how to say "enough is enough," but RWA can--indeed, must--do better than that. . . . And, please, spare us the arguments about "censorship" and "inclusiveness." Preference for "one man,...

Arrrr!! thar be a braw and bonny shedevil if ever I saw, arrg!
ReplyDeleteThat's great! and the guy behind her looks scared, too. He knows the smell of Alpha when it hits him.
I really should be writing, but I love vintage book covers, and Frank Shay snagged me. I don't know how to post a link within a post, so here is a link to his bio info: http://www2.smumn.edu/facpages/~poshea/uasal/bios/bio00036.html
ReplyDelete...which you probably already have. Interesting fellow.
I've put it up on my SBD post, and added another one! I find them at Vintage Paperbacks which I found while researching the written history of lesbianism.
ReplyDeleteHer knee really threw me...
ReplyDeleteok, Lyvvie - give it up - how does one post a link within a blog post? - lol
ReplyDeletelyn, you use the html method. << a = href "web site thingy" >>
ReplyDeleteThe weird arm stuff got me, Sam. But you're right about the knee.
She is just a little oddly compacted. He clearly had a model for Background Pirate Hanging On Rope though.
I thought she had very manly hands. Doesn't she remind you of Adrienne Barbeau
ReplyDeleteLyn: you need to use the end tag too of /a in < > at the end of your link, ot it'll not work. A great place to see how these work is to look over your web template.