I've cut out bits here and there but the gist is there. I don't want to cut too much because she's a good writer (other than the actual thinking/tolerance part) and it's bad idea to ignore that fact. . . . romance isn't about just any "two people" celebrating "love in its many forms." Organizations such as the Man-Boy Love Association would certainly refer to themselves as celebrating love "two people" (or more) finding love in one of its many forms" . . . while they actively promote pedophilia. Think RWA can't go down that slipper slope? Think again. Under our present definition, we cannot exclude such "love stories" under the category of "romance". We, as a culture, seem to have forgotten how to say "enough is enough," but RWA can--indeed, must--do better than that. . . . And, please, spare us the arguments about "censorship" and "inclusiveness." Preference for "one man,...
Hey! I just realized that all the cool people are on this blog. Kate! I'm so glad you and I become e-friends.
ReplyDeleteWhen are we going to start our "William Hurt" fan blog? I don't expect it'll get a whole lot of traffic, but I'm sure it'll take only 3 hours a day to administer. (kidding, totally)
Would she have gotten more F'd up if she had chosen 9/11 as the drinking term, I wonder?
ReplyDeleteBTW, what were you guys drinking?
And why, Kate, why are you doing searches on ear wax?
Yo Katie,
ReplyDeleteRe: our conversation about prison guys earlier.
I launched my new convict-hero Harlequin series on my blog today. Check it out
http://reesewitherfork.blogspot.com
I'm perfectly willing to ooo and ahhh over Hurt, but Raul Julia was also in that movie. . . .
ReplyDeleteand Douglas? that was FRONT page news. Ear wax hits the big time (eewww)
ReplyDeleteOkay Amy. Next RWA conference I owe you more wine. How's that for winning big?