camarilla

I use refdesk.com as my home page. It's a fine resource, though I'm guessing the founder is connected to Matt Drudge (same last name, connects to Matt's page, the default news page is breitbart, which labels itself conservative.)

Anyway, I don't know if the guy running the page has any say over Word of the Day but look at today's. Heh. I'd never heard of the word so I got my day's education before 8 am. What's more I particularly appreciate today's usage. Hmm maybe it was yesterday's (today is stymie. Pfah) Still true today unfortunately.

camarilla
Definition:
(noun) A group of confidential, often scheming advisers.
Synonyms:
cabal, faction, junto
Usage:
The people thought the war was for a righteous cause, but in truth, it was the brainchild of a greedy camarilla that hoped to profit from it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No snark. Bad puppy. No. (Review stuff.)