Escape

1. Call doctor, see if I can get a note to get out of jury duty tomorrow (recurring undiagnosed stomach grunge. No, not same old thing, really.)

2. Call work to point out I can't come in--going to be going to jury duty tomorrow (dr's note might not work after all)

3. Arrange someone to pick up boy 3 in case I'll be on jury duty tomorrow. (thanks L)

4. Hide in room with computer on lap, thinking about work.

5. Read Dear Enemy for the umpteenth time instead. (an ultimate comfort book. Jean Webster rocks--astounding that she wrote those books in the early 1900s)

* * * * *

Hey, good review, lovelysalome. Looks like you actually read the book....Thanks!

* * * * * *
Updated:

NO ESCAPE

1. The doctor only writes that sort of note for chemo patients.
2. The legal system's website says my jury number is a go.

hmm. At least they'll give me free parking and free coffee. I just did this a couple of years ago. About a week after my 'you did your duty so you get out for a coupla years off' card expired, I got the summons again. They really, really want me.

Comments

  1. I told you I'd get around to it eventually :) I forgot that I can actually read quite quickly when I free myself up and make it the focus of an evening....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:45 AM

    Do what I did. When they ask you questions, make it clear that you are far more interested in justice than in upholding any silly law. They'll toss you out right quick and you'll have only burned a few hours of your time.

    The details: a woman was charged with reckless endangerment of her child because she -- gasp! -- had marijuana in the home. On questioning, I said that IMO endangerment meant actually putting the child in danger or potential danger. Merely having an illegal substance in the home, all by itself, did not seem like endangerment to me. "I would want to hear proof that she put her child in danger -- taht's what "endangerment" means to me."

    They didn't like that one bit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol Doug, if there were juries in Germany, I'd do something like that to get out, coming across and very opinionated, prejudiced or whatever.

    Kate,
    how did you keep the secret baby out of your book. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous2:12 PM

    Hugs. I always use my kids to get out of jury duty. They're getting older, though. Should I have more? NOOOOOO!

    ReplyDelete
  5. all these fantastic lines and excuses and I never got to use any of them.

    I also didn't wear my kid's Howard Zinn shirt ("there is no flag large enough to cover the blood of innocent lives" or something like that) or his Homeland Insecurity Shirt ("Follow me if you see me running")

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

No snark. Bad puppy. No. (Review stuff.)