No snark. Bad puppy. No. (Review stuff.)

A two star Amazon review on His American Detective: "Bodice ripper about gay men by a woman."
and I'm longing to comment "don't you mean a waistcoat ripper?"

God, no. Stop me.

The reviews rarely rattle me any longer -- except when I spot a truth in a bad one. When that happens, I actually lose sleep. This means I still care about writing. 

Speaking of reviewers and writers:

A couple of days ago, a writer said she was tired of getting white ladies writing reviews of her books. She had an excellent point in the long run: her stories are meant for a particular audience and she wants them to resonate with those people and get more reviews from them. 

But that first line was just....horribly obnoxious. I say this from my POV of course. Not a white lady who writes reviews -- but as a review grubber.  

Anyone who disses any reader (especially ones that give honest reviews) deserves to be cast into the pit of being ignored.  

The big phrase these days is "privilege" I argue that writers who have never experienced putting out a book to thunderous silence should understand that they operate from a position of privilege. They should understand that getting good notice on their books is something they shouldn't take for granted. 

Having occupied both sides, I know this to be A Truth. 

Comments

  1. virtual event key stats that represent a snapshot of the industry as we enter the fall event season and move closer to the fourth quarter happy wednesday funny, happy boss's day and happy anniversary message

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply want to say your article is as surprising. The clarity on your put up is simply spectacular and that I could assume you are a professional on this subject. Fine with your permission let me to take hold of your RSS feed to keep up to date with forthcoming post. Thanks a million and please carry on the enjoyable work.

    야한동영상

    ReplyDelete
  3. You actually make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find this matter to be really something which I think I would never understand. It seems too complex and extremely broad for me. I am looking forward for your next post, I’ll try to get the hang of it!

    오피헌터

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must express some appreciation to this writer just for bailing me out of such a incident. Right after looking through the internet and coming across advice that were not pleasant, I was thinking my life was done. Existing minus the approaches to the difficulties you have solved all through your main posting is a crucial case, and the kind which might have in a negative way damaged my entire career if I hadn’t encountered the website. Your main understanding and kindness in handling the whole lot was crucial. I don’t know what I would’ve done if I had not encountered such a solution like this. I am able to now look ahead to my future. Thank you very much for the expert and effective guide. I will not think twice to refer your web sites to any person who would like direction about this issue.

    횟수 무제한 출장

    ReplyDelete
  5. virtual event Think Ahead. If you are an event manager and do not have this capability, start understanding the benefits of planning. thankful quotes, happy anniversary and happy birthday brother

    ReplyDelete
  6. Canon Pixma MG 2522 is an all-in-one inkjet printer equipped with multifunctional features like printer, scanner, and copier.
    Canon.com/ijsetup/mg2522 |
    Canon.com/ijsetup mg2522
    | microsoft365.com/setup


    ReplyDelete
  7. Your wireless router is the gadget that connects the network gadgets in your PC, printer, Laptop etc to the Internet and connect canon pixma printer to wifi permits correspondence between those gadgets on your home network. A wireless router is important for the methodology depicted here. To utilize your printer over a wireless association, your wireless router should as of now be set up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. If you're new to HP printers, follow the setup instructions to get started with printing
    123.hp.com/setup /
    123.hp.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. The most popular pos system for wine and liquor establishments is Atlantic systems. The most effective point of sale for a liquor business.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Atlantic System is the top point-of-sale system for liquor stores. Atlanticsystem is the most often used POS software for liquor stores.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog