a bad influence

Okay, no more episodes of House. Or at least no more when the 9-year-old is in the room.

I'm getting an MRI and when boy 3 heard me mention it, he flipped out. He just knows that I'm going to go into convulsions, my eyes are going to roll back and I will spew horrid substances and maybe need to get my heart restarted. He's seen House! So he knows what happens whenever people have MRIs, dammit.

For some reason it didn't help when I pointed out that people on that show also have convulsions/eye rolling/icky spewing when they're just lying around in bed.

"Are you going to go into a hospital?" he asked.

When I said no, it was just an outpatient thing nowhere near a hospital, he got less worried.

Forget guns and cops and volcanoes and monsters. This kid's terrified of hospitals.

Comments

  1. I'm thoroughly addicted to Law and Order: CI (Vincent D'Onofrio--yummy), CSI, House, and Cold Case Files.

    I must be damaging the children. On the other hand, Dear Butcher would like to know WHY I watch these things: am I planning his murder? I really have no answer, except that it's a quicker way to get a murder mystery read. Just watch one on TV.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

No snark. Bad puppy. No. (Review stuff.)