since I'm critiquing rejections

My absolute favorite (excepting the ones that swoon about my most excellent rioting, oooo, Kate if only we could publish this, I love it, ooooo, it's wonderful but won't fit our line. oh, Kate you genius, you!):

Years ago I got a rejection from an agent and it was printed on THE BACK OF A PAGE FROM SOMEONE'S MANUSCRIPT. Seriously. A page of some poor writer's work. I guess it was flat, looked blank and the agent just jammed it into the copier.

I emailed the agent saying ummm, scuse me, should I send this back? and never heard from her again.

Comments

  1. You're so brave. I rarely have the gust to submit beyond my usual publishers. My only resolution for the new year will be to grow a tougher skin.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

No snark. Bad puppy. No. (Review stuff.)