my real SBD blog loving

This sort of story by corn dog and EAP's stories and Aunt B's stories and Beth's stories..... Their posts are why I don't need The New Yorker any more. My parents got The New Yorker when I was a kid and naturally I got addicted to the cartoons. I subscribed for a while, but I don't have time for those good slices of life in talk of the town. I'd rather catch up with people I sort of know.

I used to love those short pieces, too, not usually pompous (like some of the fiction) and with clear imagery, the kind of simple, effective prose I would sacrifice chickens at the new moon to be able to write.

But damn, there are only so many hours in the day and I can't be asked to give up things like the pig book story for a piece about some poodle groomer off Central Park.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No snark. Bad puppy. No. (Review stuff.)