Thursday Thirteen. Stupid and/or Silly
Thirteen Stupid things I've heard or said
2. When I was a bartender, the worst pickup line ever attempted with me: "Hey, you're kinda cute. Wanna fuck?"
3. When my baby sister (who's Eurasian) was tiny, her babysitter said she couldn't wait to find out what language the baby would speak. No, I am not kidding and she wasn't either.
4. Me, to the naked woman in the YWCA: "When's your baby due?" . . . You guessed it--she wasn't pregnant. I couldn't even use the "the dress tented funny" argument.
5. I was taking the baby sisters out for a walk. I was 12, they were 4 and 2. A lady asked if they were my children.
6. I said yes.
7. She told me I should be ashamed of myself.
6. My first two kids are 2.5 years apart. I have frequently been asked "Are they twins?" Not such a strange question once they hit about 5 and 3 -- #1 is small for his age and #2 is large. VERY weird question when they were 6 months and 3 years old. Yes, someone really did ask then. In her defense, she was old.
7. The Don Juan Tip of the day is usually pretty good for bizarre ideas. Here's today's: "I was walking down the street and I saw a street performerbeing ignored by crowds of people -- he started to pack up his things.I quickly jogged up to him and handed him a few bucks. He thankedme and said 'You just made my day.' I felt pretty good about what I had done.Soon after I was approached by two hot girls complimenting me on my kindness. They asked if I wanted to join them for coffee. I agreed and moved through the steps of convo and kino. It was all so natural, thanks to this site and now I have two numbers of two beautiful girls. Like taking candy from a baby." Huh? Candy? From a what?
8. My mother to me, about something I really wanted (I think a dress). "I can't buy it to you because you want it too much. Wanting things too much is bad for you."
9. My mother to me, about marriage. "It's not a good idea to marry someone you love."
10. Me to my husband the night before our wedding: "You're not nervous? Not having second thoughts? That's a terrible sign. You are supposed to be nervous. I'm not nervous either. Omigod, we're doomed. We're supposed to be freaking out. I'm not! You're not! Oh blast!"
11. My husband to me the night before we got married: "Are you always going to be like this when we get married?"
12. The doctor examined our 2-week old boy #1 head to toe. With diaper and without-- and for rest of consultation doctor referred to boy#1 as "she."
13. Speaking of sex mix-ups. Boy #3 is listed as female on birth certificate. I'm supposed to go to a judge to have it changed. I have to "bring proof" about why I want to change the certificate.
Hmmm. Some of these are kind of weak so I might go back and change a few. Surely I've heard or said stupider stuff'n this in all my years of life.
http://volcanicsacrifices.blogspot.com/ (I love that blog name)
(leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants