Thursday's Thirteen Things
Thirteen Random Things about Kate
1. I once had a dog named Frances. Her real name had been Princess but my grandmother had misheard the name. "Frances" fit the dog better.
2. I now have a dog named Soozee--boys insisted it is spelled funniee. She is a family dog but we both know she's really mine.
3. Everyone especially knows she's mine when she craps in the house. "Kate, your dog took a dump in the family room," says my husband. "Better clean it up."
4. When I was a kid I had gerbils until the day the mom ate her kids. No, sorry. I couldn't live with cannibalistic animals. I don't know what happened to the gerbils after that. Hey, I was only 8 or something, okay? My parents dealt with it but I don't remember what they did--probably gave them to the neighbors.
5. Enough with the animals. Here's the first movie we saw with our Christmas gift of 3 months of netflix [thanks Jed!]: Monty Python's Life of Brian.
6. Next up was a chunk of the Black Adder series.
8. Last week I forced them to watch King of Hearts. They didn't hate it as much as they expected to; I didn't like it as much as I had when I saw it as a kid. (I was about 9 and my sister? or my brother? took me to a MIDNIGHT SHOW at the Biograph. Omigod, that was the biggest event in my entire life.)
9. I loved, loved, loved the Biograph Theater in Georgetown when I was a kid and I bet it's gone. Yup, it is. Most of the good stuff in D.C. is. If you're over a Certain Age, I'll bet most of the good stuff in your hometown is gone, too.
10. On the other hand, the head shops in Georgetown were long gone before I moved away and I never particularly missed them. One can enjoy only so much blacklight art and Janis Joplin posters in one's life.
11. More movies on queue at netflix (and I've seen them all so why am I ordering them? Boys.) Brother from Another Planet, Seven Samurai. At Mike's request High Plains Drifter [even though it's on every night a 3 am, apparently] more Black Adder [boys' request--I'm over the series in a big way], . . .local library carries Marx bros movies, so no point in renting them.
12. I'm trying to give the guys a cultural eddication, but I don't want to sit through too many John Wayne movies. We own His Girl Friday and Philadelphia Story. They didn't think much of Harold and Maude. I could see why. It only works really well at MIDNIGHT at the Biograph when:
a. it's a bad tape that breaks a lot.
and even then it's iffy. I mean you might as well try to watch Rocky Horror at home and before MIDNIGHT.
13. Any other ideas? We have only one month left on this membership. I'm not renewing, dang it.
Sam who doesn't have 13, but might some day (and is worth visiting anyway)
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!