writing

I don't like one of my character's name so I went hunting for a better one. I found two great tools.

This one actually helps with the names. Sort of.
here are the first four entries:
Aaron - ugly but hung like a horse, prone to belly button fluff.
Able - totally useless.
Adam - not very bright and not very pretty, has almost mastered hygiene.
Adrian - usually short and very horny, watches cartoons

update: to prevent the appearance of a sexist blog, I'll also lift the first four women's names:

Abby - agony aunt, always willing to explain about your confused sexuallity.
Ada - blue haired, smells of wee.
Adie - quiet and shy, but when you get to know her .. quiet and shy.
Adrianna - eats like a horse yet incredibly scrawny, her girlfriends all hate her.

I just downloaded Babylon's little free tool and have been playing with it (messing about with translating into German, Swedish, Spanish and French--all in the same cute little window). So far I think it's great. We'll see if it gums up the computer works. I think there was a real reason I needed that for the book I'm writing, but by now I have lost that thread.

Okay, back to finding a male name. I'm not sure I want a character prone to belly button fluff. . .

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No snark. Bad puppy. No. (Review stuff.)