I've been up since four thirty

I suppose it's because I slept for a few days. Hell, when you lose chunks of your life to drugs, the substances you take are supposed to be fun and illegal or at least interesting. Hunter S Thompson varieties, not your aunt Sadie's drugs. Bah.

Speaking of addiction, Miss Snark is fantastic the last couple of days. She reads a page of a submission and makes comments. Lots of cutting to the point. Nothing particularly revolutionary...Start with action, dump the backstory blah blah blah... it's just that the examples she gives in her blog are beautifully clear. I don't always agree with her but she sure is good at communicating her preferences. I wish she were my agent or critique partner. On top of everything else? Get this: She actually answered an email the same day I sent it. Unbelievable.

I have an agent. She's been with Writer's House for six years and is striking out on her own. The woman just had a baby and is now starting a new business? Hmmmm. Walks like a duck, sounds like a duck--yup, she's a maniac.

HEY this getting up early has some major advantages. No one is talking at me; the television is silent. Even the dog is asleep. If my brain were fully functioning, I'd actually be able to think. I tried to edit a story earlier but the segue parts of the mind are still on vacation. I'm supposed to start a new blood pressure medication, but those keepers of the strappy white coats are going to have to come after me before I do. I just got most of the mind back yesterday. I want to use it for a week or so before letting some other chemicals step in and call the shots. Who knew bpm's were such psycho-tyrants?

Bugger, here comes a kid. He's already turned on the television. What is it with people who want noise the moment they wake up.

Comments

  1. Thanks for adding my link, Kate.

    Yup, I've been having a ball at Miss Snark's place. It helps that she liked my bit, of course, but I liked her even before that ;o) And, yes, she answered my email promptly, too. (I gave her a few additions to her snark neologism list.)

    I hope you feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I KNEW (okay suspected) that was yours. Ha!

    I'd represent you, too. If I took science fiction. And if I was an agent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Kate, I've just had a message from Amazon telling me that Somebody to Love has been delayed for 6 weeks. Do you know why it would take so long? It's been over a month already.

    ReplyDelete
  4. NO idea, Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey, I could always send you a copy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just realized I didn't thank you for mentioning Miss Snark in your blog the other day. I'm still on a high. Thank you thank you thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kate, thanks for the offer, but I guess I'll get the book eventually.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

No snark. Bad puppy. No. (Review stuff.)