dream analysis wanted

I have two recurring dreams.
DREAM ONE

I am at the beach house I went to as a kid. In the dream I am always saying or thinking, oh wow, I haven't been here for years.

Futhermore, in the dream I say or think hey, I dream about this place all the time. I know that this isn't a dream now because [fill in blank. I taste salt --or-- I hear waves --or-- I can see that museum and remember where the whaling exhibit was --or-- it's been twenty years (and it really has been.)]

Last night I had the dream and the fill-in-the-blank part was: I was talking to my aunt--the woman who owns the house--and telling her Hey, Henriette, I'm so glad to be here at last. You know, I dream about this place all the time.

She picked up her coffee and a section of The New York Times and started to read. I thought, Wow! Now I know this time it really isn't a dream. Not only can I hear the waves on the beach, but someone's ignoring me as I talk.

I was even more convinced than usual that I'd at last made it back to that house.

Absolutely true and absolutely pathetic.

I'll save my other recurring dream for another night. I don't want to expose you to too much excitement. That dream's also about a place.

Comments

  1. Non-spiffy analysis: you should visit that house. Or call your Aunt.

    Spiffy analysis: There is something from your childhood that you need to revisit, but you are resisting bringing it back into your life. The beach house symbolizes this feeling, activity, or person.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

No snark. Bad puppy. No. (Review stuff.)