Still no Joy, Suisan

I made a half-hearted attempt to find the word JOY, but my search thing didn't do seem to find any and I don't want to make a full-hearted attempt. I'm skeeered I never use cheery words like joy and I just don't want to know that I'm such a curmudgeon. I suspect, but do not wish to have this confirmed.

HOWEVER I did find another VERY COOL MEME at BSChick's place. She was writing a SBD entry and I bet she didn't even know she was inventing a meme. Check it out: You take titles and arrange them into sentences.

You see, I’ve always believe that Harlequin Presents covers can be used either to
a.) make one weird blackmail note, or
b.) summarize a whole new plot for the upcoming month.
To do this one must first collect six Harlequin Presents. For our example we’ll use the six that came out for the month of November:
Pregnancy of Revenge by Jacqueline Baird
The Italian Doctor’s Mistress by Catherine Spencer
Bound by Blackmail by Kate Walker
Disobedient Virgin by Sandra Marton
Sale or Return Bride by Sarah Morgan
The Greek’s Bought Wife by Helen Bianchin

Do not try to make sense out of the titles. I don’t know what the Sale or Return Bride means either; it doesn’t matter. You are now going to rearrange these titles so they make a sentence (or a couple of sentences). Feel free to add in important linking words like (if, then, and, or longer phrases).

Your result may look like so:
Although Bound by Blackmail, the Disobedient Virgin refused to be the Italian Doctor’s Mistress and instead chose to be The Greek’s Bought Wife. Even though he considered her to be his Sale or Return Bride, she would carry his Pregnancy of Revenge with love.



I'm looking at my bookshelf now. Hmmm Feast of Murder, Uncle Dynamite, Five Weeks To Winning Bridge, Myself, The Four-Gated City, Courting Trouble, The Wages of Zen, Jed The Poor-House Boy, and The Penultimate Peril. Maybe it doesn't work for every bookshelf? You probably have to stick to one genre. I'll bet horror or cozy mysteries could be as good as Harlequin Presents.

See if it works for you and let me know. I'm going to gaze at my too-random list for another couple of minutes. Then I have to get back to the work of driving a wooden stake into a book's heart.

Comments

  1. The Fall of the Sparrow by Robert Hellenga
    Letter from America by Alistair Cooke
    The Circus in Winter by Cathy Day
    Postcards from the Brain Museum by Brian Burrell
    Daughter of the Queen of Sheba by Jackie Lydon

    All those epistilary titles led to:

    The Daughter of the Queen of Sheba, after visiting The Circus in Winter, attempted to write a Letter from America, yet The Fall of a Sparrow onto her complicated headdress caused her to pen Postcards from the Brain Museum

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:57 PM

    What, no joy in Mudville?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're right, I had no idea, but it does help to stick with just one genre. Go grab the first five of (fill in the blank) genre you can find, or ask someone to come up with five titles (you could even steal the first five titles off whatever Amazon is trying to recommend to you at this moment) and put them together. It's not always easy (there was one month I was stumped, completely stumped), but sometimes writing them down on pieces of paper and rearranging them helps.

    Obviously I've put too much thought into this, but then again, I did once construct a romance ransome note with book covers that strung across my boss's desk for her to find the next morning. Oddly enough there was not a virgin awaiting me when I showed for work that day. I don't think she took the "Sheik's Secret" seriously.

    L

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a classic, Suisan! Perfect. It's your meme now--run with it.

    Teresa yah, no joy in blogville. Might Katie has struck out.

    And BSchick? You Rock.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous4:32 AM

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Popular posts from this blog

No snark. Bad puppy. No. (Review stuff.)