A new book out today!!

I swore I wasn't going to make this blog about promo, but then I notice it showing up on Amazon and Goodreads (I put it there so this shouldn't be a big shock) and I had to wonder: do people want to read about the dog's bloody ears? Will that make them buy our books? Or will I do better linking to
THIS NEW REVIEW OF OUR NEW BOOK
and
THIS OTHER REVIEW OF OUR NEW BOOK. 

I think you can see where I'm going with this.... A NEW BOOK OUT TODAY! YAY US! 


This one is a little darker than our usual story. It was easy to write in some ways (built in conflict, two characters we liked) and harder in others.

For a while in Maryland, I worked at a halfway house, and as we wrote, I got to remember that part of my life and draw on it, a bit.

I worked the weekend shifts in level 4 houses (level 1 residents were almost independent, level 4 meant they were teetering on going back into the hospital.)

I have some of that experience in another short story I wrote soon after that time. It is most decidedly NOT based on people I knew there. The first person character is not me. The other characters, no one I met. Some of the rules and whatnot, yeah.

It's a freebie here and was originally published in Metropolitain, a literary magazine that was published in PARIS freaking FRANCE. No, I'm not making that up.**

And actually, back to Gent's Madness, Bonnie wrote much of the interactions with Tully and the other patients. I avoided that, probably because of that haul working in the halfway houses. Hey, I did the research on Victorian cures and diagnoses.

_______
**You can tell the story is old, though, what with the talk about beepers and the phone book and no PCs and mention of music on MTV

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No snark. Bad puppy. No. (Review stuff.)