Stuff, including an SBD

ONE   I'm listening to The Cat's Table by Michael O[look up the rest of his name later, but there's a "j" and several "aa's" in there] It's a lovely book so far, even though it hasn't gripped me the way books sometimes do. That means that when I accidentally bonk the player and it skips backward, I don't fast-forward. I'll just listen to the section again. I'm not in a hurry to get to the end. 

TWO   I'm starting a list of words and phrases that I would eliminate if I were given the Word Wand:
Check your privilege, Mom (I'm not sure what it means but I hear it too often)
Fur-baby and furever home
Cis-privilege Cis-anything come to that.

THREE   It hasn't been 2 weeks yet, but the whole Newtown thing is fading from the conversation. I have no idea what the solution should be -- fewer guns out in the world seems obvious, although how that happens, less obvious.  I only hope the public's will to figure out real solutions lasts through the new year. I mean, gad, the world will come back from the winter break weeks and weeks after the fact.

FOUR    I'm not liking this story I'm writing. Bah.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No snark. Bad puppy. No. (Review stuff.)