rerun season in SBD land

I miss SBD so I want to write one. But honestly, I'm going through a reread-fest. It feels right and I wonder if that's because of the way I was raised. Back In The Day, when summer rolled around, television stopped showing anything new and anyone who needed a fix would watch old stuff.  Since that's not true anymore, I have to find repeats where I can.

I've been well trained.

Speaking of training, I don't think our new dog is as well-trained as she should be and I might have to look for help. I've had dogs before but those were normal sized creatures--at least thirty-five pounds. Heck, our old dog is almost 80 pounds. This thing is 7 lbs at most. When I hold food over her head to get her to sit, she rears up on her hind legs and bounces like a rabbit--it's her one trick. When I try to push her rump down for sitting, she skitters away, scared that I'll try to pick her up. (She's not crazy about that.)

So what's left to do? I guess not bothering to teach her to sit. From my towering perspective, Molly the Dog standing and Molly T.D. sitting isn't very different. Just like the jumping up issue doesn't bother me. Not like it would with larger dogs. If Sooz did that rearing up trick and bounced, the house would shake.

Okay, time to reread this Mary Balogh.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No snark. Bad puppy. No. (Review stuff.)