Somebody To Love and Somebody Wonderful

Here's the good part. Kensington apparently has pretty good distribution for their ebooks. I've found my books at Amazon, All Romance ebook, kobobooks, and Barnes and Noble.  Let me know if you see Somebody to Love or Somebody Wonderful in ebook form elsewhere and I'll send you a free ebook -- either one of those two or some other book. 

I got lotsa books, so I'm telling you it's a good deal.

I put the links I know of into my newsletter. Want future editions? Sign up at the link on the right. I only send them out when I have a new release.


Here's my latest newsletter, featuring links and ginger ale:

Apparently I have two new releases--though this are actually re-releases. My two Kensington historical romance titles that have been out of print are now available as ebooks. Both stories are set in 1880s New York City.

Somebody Wonderful features Mick the New York City cop and Timona, the heroine based on Pauline from the Perils of Pauline. This was a Romantic Times Top Pick and a Readers Choice Awards finalist.

"Timona is an amazing character with a big heart, while Mick is the perfect hero. . . There is also a wonderful cast of supporting characters in this fantastic, heartwarming story from debut author
Rothwell. The conclusion neatly mimics the danger that Timona faces in the beginning of the book, thus creating an exciting ending that will keep you turning pages late into the night."
  -- from Romantic Times

Somebody To Love contains the story of Griffin, Timona's brother and Araminta, a strong-minded mixed-race woman and one of the best chefs in New York.

"This is the second novel following the debut, SOMEBODY WONDERFUL, by an amazingly fresh and original new voice in historical romance. In this she has again charmed the reader with her witty intelligent dialog and two protagonists who are as different as night and day.." -- from historicalromancewriters.com


I've found the ebooks online at Amazon, Barnes and Noble and All Romance Ebooks and at kobobooks. 

To make up for the fact that I've written to you twice in two weeks, how about a recipe?

I make ginger ale from nearly scratch sometimes---it's a refreshing summer recipe!

Ginger syrup. About 3 tablespoons peeled and chopped fresh ginger (more is good if you like strong flavor of ginger), 2 cups water, 1/3 cup sugar (more is fine, if you like it sweeter). Boil these things together for a while. How long? I do it for at least 10 minutes, usually longer because I forget.

The resulting syrup is good multipurpose stuff. I pour a bit into my lemon tea in the winter.  You can refrigerate it in an airtight container for at least a week. I suppose you can strain out the ginger but I don't bother. If you have bigger chunks in your ginger syrup, you can fish them out, roll them in sugar, let them dry for a while and pretend you've made crystallized ginger. I've used that in a pinch for recipes. (there's a cranberry gingerbread recipe that's just wonderful. But that's for cold baking weather.)

For a summer drink you can add your ginger syrup to lemon tea and drink it as ice tea. OR you can add a few tablespoons of the syrup to a glass of carbonated water/seltzer. I always squeeze lime or lemon in there too. Mint's a nice flavor with ginger.

You can make a spicy mix by letting the cooked ginger syrup sit for a while with cinnamon sticks, cloves--then I strain it after an hour or so of sitting. That's particularly good with lemon and orange juice, cut with some seltzer.


* * *

. . . . It's too freaking hot so now I'm going to go drink the ice tea one of my sons made. Good boy. Green tea, honey, lemon tea, buncha lemon juice--yum.

Comments

  1. Congratulations! I hope this "second life" of your Kensington books proves rich and exciting for them both. May they find their way into many new homes on many a Kindle or Nook or whatever.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

No snark. Bad puppy. No. (Review stuff.)