SBD

It's been a reader's life around here. Lots of summer sort of reading: Robin Hobb, Susan Elizabeth Phillips, Cashore. Now I'm listening to Catherine Schine's The Three Weissmanns of Westport. It's based on Sense and Sensibility. I have no idea if I'd enjoy it so much otherwise. I really can't tell if it's a good book or it's just a good take on a great book.

So far it's entertaining and has those moments of cleverness that make Austen fun.

There's a lot of telling (vs showing) along with the same kind of dry omniscient voice that we're not allowed to use in regular romance any more. In this case it's all fine.

Also. You missed pie. We had four but now there's none left.

Today I switch back into a writer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No snark. Bad puppy. No. (Review stuff.)