I've said it before, I'm saying it again...and again...

The chat was okay, even though it wasn't nearly as busy as the ones we used to hold. Turns out that mine was one of the very last noveltalk chats. I spent much of the time squeeing at Diane Farr and Megan Frampton instead of pushing my own book. I forget to have stuff ready to post at those things. Too late now. I don't think there will be many more live chats anywhere. Too intensive and long in a fast-paced internet.

I was thinking, as I didn't do my job over there, how it's just about time for the fluff to emerge again. Bad times means light-hearted material will thrive. No more spies (unless they're bumbling) no more murders or thrillers, it's time for a modern PG Wodehouse to help us feel as if it isn't all doom and gloom and must Mean Something Deep to be real.

I think it's time for editors to buy NEW Fluffy STUFF. No more recycling old Metzger and Farr books. Get Metzger back to writing shorter Regencies, please. Haul back Nonnie St. George, even if she doesn't want to be brought back. Bring back clever fun and even silliness.

Comments

  1. Chats schmats. I haven't done one in over a year. It feels like so much of this stuff, chats and promo loop author days, are completely useless and time intensive for the author.

    I know. I know. It's all getting your name out there. It's all good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:03 AM

    But ... but ... I love chats! ::sob!::

    Kate, thank you so much for your support and encouragement. I think you may have a point, girlfriend!! Fluff ... escapism ... Fred & Ginger on the screen, a Regency-set "romp" on your nightstand. Works for me.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

No snark. Bad puppy. No. (Review stuff.)