Thursday Thirteen -- things I won't miss about summer (the season)

1. teh sweat

2. He reached for her, all tenderness gone -- Maaaaaaaaa. Will you get me a bagel?

3. She moved, restless -- Maaaaaaa! It's my turn and he won't get off the computer.

4. The electric bill from air conditioning left on in empty rooms. Or full rooms for that matter.

5. Badminton. I might miss it a bit.

6. Being informed at least once a day that my soul has been sold in exchange for some kind of weapon or meat product in an online game.

7. Damp towels. There will still be damp towels in the world and they will still collect in piles on bathroom floors, but not quite as many.

8. Poison ivy

9. Wearing [shudder] a bathing suit.

10. New York publishers closing down on Fridays. I want to get my rejections more quickly, thank you.

11. The plants that look like poison ivy.

12. Summer brain. Mildewed, sluggish and prone to shut downs without warning.

13. The guilt of not providing wholesome and educational summer activities for the boys who are chained to the computers.

Comments

  1. Ahhh. Number 13's a big one for me.

    Can't get them out to do activities, then get angry and guilty when they stay home. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're supposed to provide wholesome and educational summer activities for kids? Videogames are educational, right? And I figure they get exercise while they're trying to beat each other to bloody pulps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:59 PM

    My wife and son have been on the computer nonstop playing World of Warcraft. The modem overheats, that's how much they play.

    No 13 from me this week. I can't think of anything fun, and I won't do it if it ain't fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG - wholesome summer activities? I just kick mine outside and yell, "Go Play!"

    LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww, but I'll miss the summer *small tear falls* - course I don't have kids and I don't care what my whale ass looks like in a bathing suit because it's my pool and if anyone points and laughs I drown 'em.

    CindyS

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

No snark. Bad puppy. No. (Review stuff.)