Bettie Does a Fine SBD Post

Yeah, what she said.

. . . I'm not saying I haven't savored a few books with tall dark and tormented heroes in my day, but there is such a thing as taking it too far. Some of these black-leather wearing, Harley-riding, long-haired, emotional cripples sound just like the guys I see milling around outside the local leather bar at 2 a.m. Whatever those hardbodied, leather-clad wanderers are looking for, I can guarantee it ain't a petite, feisty blonde heroine with aquamarine eyes. See what I mean about camp?

(And the one comment** by Kimber too: There ought to be a moratorium on heroes named (or nicknamed) Devil, Demon, Damien, Lucien, Lucifer, Luc, Lion, Lyon, Hawk, Raven, Rayne, or Wulf. These used to be what the hero's HORSE was called.)

______

**I wish I could erase my lameness. Hey, I can. That's good. It'll make me look mysterious instead of "ooo! me too! yah! [whine about rejections!]"

Comments

  1. Funny but oh so true!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa Raven!!!
    snort snort.

    Yes, the tormented alpha male. It started when his mother named him 'Wulf' and his teacher kept spelling it Wolf, and his classmates teased him and called him Woof.

    ReplyDelete
  3. > ...and his classmates teased him
    > and called him Woof

    Hee.
    __________________________________

    Kate, you are terribly mysterious, like a riddle wrapped in an enigma wrapped in a vest. I was looking at that deleted comment and wondering "What could she have written?"

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

No snark. Bad puppy. No. (Review stuff.)