printing out partial and synopsis

I enjoy this part. There's still a sense of potential and excitement. And suspense, too: will the printer finally crap out?

I like the fact that I'm advancing My Career without actually having to do brain work. I have to keep an eye on the crotchety printer, I have to bustle around looking for the right envelope.

With epublishing, sending a submision means nothing much. Click. Click. Done. No ritual of tapping papers on the surface of the desk or hunting through drawers for good binder clips. No wasted trees either.

Okay, printing's done. Printer survived and didn't run out of ink.

Good luck to you, The Accidental Earl, a Regency title for a non-Regency book -- but "Little Lord Fauntleroy He's Not" doesn't work either. (I'm not good at titles. The other one still making the rounds in the print world is called Ratcatcher. As Emily pointed out, not a particularly romantic name.)

Now I have to do the ritual of waiting in line at the post office. That's a part of the submission process I could do without.

Comments

  1. You ROCK! Or Summer does--I'm confused.

    But congratulations, that is great news.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:05 AM

    Your blog ate my wonderful funny comment so all you get is this retread.

    1. I love Ratcatcher. I'd buy it just on its title.

    2. I'm not so hot with titles either. I think Libertarian Utopia is a good one but even I agree that "The Fat Middle Aged Republican Woman Mystery" (my current WIP) sucks.

    Rob

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:53 PM

    Didn't Judith Ivory write a novel about a ratcatcher?

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes, she did and it is Great. I love it.

    My ratcatcher is actually a detective.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

No snark. Bad puppy. No. (Review stuff.)