Over at Bitches You Get Romance Covers Gone Wildly Bad

What could be worse? How about truly wonky holy depictions? There are plenty out there but just in time for the holidays really skeeeeeery natitivity scenes. Here's a goodie, literally. Marshmallow Mary and Baybee Jesus! Give us smores for the holidays.

Disclaimer for Bill O'Reilly: I love creches. Yeah, we weren't exactly Christians -- we weren't much of anything. But when I was a kid, one of my favorite people in the world was Christian -- and she made creches out of clay. She made one for me and told me how to set it up. I loved the fact that the little manger would stay empty, everyone in the scene sitting around waiting, until Christmas morning. Then . . . ta da! The little lump depicting Jesus would appear. (They were very small creches)

Almost forgot: ENTER THE CONTEST or I'll turn our thermostat down to 50. Don't make my kids shiver in the cold!

Comments

  1. I love creches too.

    One day when I have skoodles of free time I want to design and make my own embroidered or needlepoint crech on three hinged panels. Center panel--barn and manger, right panel three wise men, left panel angel and shepherds. Have it all doodled out in my head.

    Could do without the marshmallows. Feels like Willy Wonka, "Even I'm edible, but that, dear children, is called cannibalism."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:26 PM

    If you want more scary stuff, try the 12 Days of Kitschmas over at the Ship of Fools: http://www.shipoffools.com/kitschmas/index.html. This is truly, truly tacky stuff that never fails to -- I was going to say "amuse", but I think "boggles the mind" is more appropriate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Kate, come around to FM Chat some time. I just discovered it (but my friend Gabriele hangs out there all the time.)

    Happy Holidays ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i have a scary creche - but with a god excuse - my daughter made it!
    (she was 7)
    this is too funny though - love the 'spider' creche!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

No snark. Bad puppy. No. (Review stuff.)