oh my lord. I was wrong again.

I thought:

1. I was getting through this anger stage (part of mourning as Candy says)

I was wrong.

2. I thought that those amusing blondes were having fun with their readers. This had to be a spoof.

I was wrong.


God, maybe someone made it up. Maybe it's a lie. I didn't hear it after all. Could anyone be this clueless?


from http://www.editorandpublisher.com/eandp/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1001054719


Accompanying her husband, former President George H.W.Bush, on a tour of hurricane relief centers in Houston, Barbara Bush said today, referring to the poor who had lost everything back home and evacuated, "This is working very well for them."

The former First Lady's remarks were aired this evening on National Public Radio's "Marketplace" program. She was part of a group in Houston today at the Astrodome that included her husband and former President Bill Clinton, who were chosen by her son, the current president, to head fundraising efforts for the recovery. Sen. Hilary Clinton and Sen. Barack Obama were also present.

In a segment at the top of the show on the surge of evacuees to the Texas city, Barbara Bush said: "Almost everyone I’ve talked to says we're going to move to Houston."

Then she added: "What I’m hearing, which is sort of scary,** is they all want to stay in Texas. Everyone is so overwhelmed by the hospitality.

"And so many of the people in the arena here, you know, were underprivileged anyway, so this (chuckles slightly)--this is working very well for them."

^^^^^^

Maybe it sounds better in some sort of context? Maybe? I don't see how. Working out very well? Hello???


__________

** Salon had that little bit added that makes her words even a bit more repugnant.

Comments

  1. F%^$$ing clueless. Miss Beautiful Mind. From my wife: "A sociopath who married a sociopath and who begat sociopaths."

    Here, come over to my blog. Maybe it'll cheer you up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:30 AM

    Check this out. I love Bush and his photo ops:

    U.S. Senator Mary Landrieu, D-La just released a statement (Sep 03, 2005—08:11:03 PM EST) claiming that the Bush administration had faked a repair effort on the 17th Street Levee for a Photo opportunity yesterday…

    “But perhaps the greatest disappointment stands at the breached 17th Street levee. Touring this critical site yesterday with the President, I saw what I believed to be a real and significant effort to get a handle on a major cause of this catastrophe. Flying over this critical spot again this morning, less than 24 hours later, it became apparent that yesterday we witnessed a hastily prepared stage set for a Presidential photo opportunity; and the desperately needed resources we saw were this morning reduced to a single, lonely piece of equipment. The good and decent people of southeast Louisiana and the Gulf Coast – black and white, rich and poor, young and old – deserve far better from their national government.”

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kate,
    The fine rants I've had during the last week to friends and family would blister the blog world (and probably ban my entry forever into your fine country--big borther and all that).

    But I read and nod accordingly.

    X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Someone needs to limit her time on the crack pipe. JESUS GOD ABOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous3:10 PM

    Hi There,
    Just found you. Like your site!

    The Bush women are about as dumb as a ball of hair. I'm not buying the whole grandma Barbara or the Buffy the Librarian/Laura Bush. They're two very poor examples of not living up to your responsibility. Okay. I'll shut up - they just make my blood boil.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous3:23 PM

    Keep up the good work
    » » »

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

No snark. Bad puppy. No. (Review stuff.)