Why I'm Happy

First Reason: Learning Charity won at the Reviewer’s Choice Awards at Ecataromance . I didn't even know it was in the running. Ever since I've hopping up and down and yapping like a small, exciteable dog. Yah! Me! Yah! I'm teh best! Yah!
Lyn Cash won too! Yah Lyn! And a lot of other people, too! Yah us! Yah everyone!

Second Reason: Writer Judith Merkle Riley wrote back to me. I'd tracked her down like a drooly fan girl.

my note to her [edited somewhat to remove drooling nature]:
Hi Prof. Merkle

Ha! You are the author. I can see a touch of the Vision of Light in your University photo!

Anyway, have you gone out of the fiction writing business? I'll (reluctantly) stop waiting for your next one if you have. Heck, Margaret Mitchell didn't owe the world anything once she finished her single book. You don't either. I just sort of hoped. . . .

her answer [edited not at all]:

The three Margarets are being re-issued, including The Water Devil, which has Never Before Seen Print in English. (Yes! January 2007!) I am working on another book, but it has experienced Unavoidable Delays, as they say. Maybe in another year or so…

Best wishes,
Judith Merkle

The current big thing = Historicals Rich with Details. So this time round, her books should be mucho bestsellers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No snark. Bad puppy. No. (Review stuff.)