no, thanks anyway, Kate. We know the way out.

Leslie says how can I spy on your life if you don't blog?
Life. Don't talk to me about life--really, you might as well ask Marvin.

Summary:

--I'm mired in stage 4.5 of PBW's Stages of Writer's Life

--I'm recovering from the guilt of not even taking my kids to Goddamn NEW YORK this summer. NEW YORK is only 2 hours away. And no Boston, either. Maryland? Ha, it is to laugh. I really wanted to go. Instead my kids will go to school with square eyeballs from all the tv/computer time they did instead of having a life. And it's all my fault.

-- I have an online class starting week after this (with Ari) and I haven't even gotten the first class organized. We've got tons of material though. No, really. And I'm not just saying that to reassure anyone who might have signed up.

--Last week I went to the doctor to figure out stomach stuff which probably same old stomach stuff. Boring.

--I want to read fun stuff, like Doug's book.

See? That's why I'm staying away from the blog. I'm the person on the long flight who interrupts you while you finally get a chance to settle down to read To Say Nothing of the Dog.

The person next to you launches into a monologue that is dull, dull, dull and consists mostly of lists of bewildering things like why she should never make lists. I am sympathetic to your plight, fellow traveler, because I am also trying to read To Say Nothing of the Dog (which is depressing me because it's so much more clever than the stories I wrote about a time travel agency before I knew of this damn book's existence.)

Comments

  1. Well, To Say Nothing of the Dog is a masterpiece, and even Connie Willis has not really come close since, even with Passage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great - another book to put on my TBR listl - lol. Thanks.

    Just read PBW's blog post - WOW - awesome - and signed up for your course. We 'should' be in our new digs by Sept 5th...hope so.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you loving it? It's one of my favorite book discoveries ever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay kathyf, that seems reasonable, or at least more reasonable than yesterday's blamefest where I was told I was the reason the red sox are having a losing streak

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

No snark. Bad puppy. No. (Review stuff.)