swelled head

One of the writerly tasks I avoid is checking an ebook before it goes to print. I'm not a great proofreader and that's what the job requires. I also have to find and collect "praise for this book" that will go in the front of the print version.

Our book is almost overdue (sorry) so I'm doing that job now. I can do the search pretty late at night so I am, hoping it will make me sleepy but... hey wow! I'm having a Sally Fields moment gathering the reviews for The Gentleman's Keeper. 

Sometimes looking for good reviews is difficult because you have to slog through a wasteland to find them. This? It's a sunny day, it's picking a bouquet of sweet daisies from a huge field of perfect flowers .... with only a couple of slugs in there.

I pluck the slugs and set them free. Naw, I sprinkle them with salt and then stomp on them.

What I've got so far (and I think I'm done now. Unless you want to send me your fulsome tribute.)


Praise for the book:
Devon and Dee fill this expertly written gay Victorian romance with emotional tension . . . Well paced with realistic characters, this deep story is a must-read for fans of gay historicals.
 Starred review, Publisher’s Weekly
 
I always enjoy your historical romances and this book was no exception. The settings seemed believable for the time, and it always feels to me that you do your research, but what I loved the most was the burning tension between the characters from the moment they meet. – Dear Author
 
Thank you, Bonnie Dee and Summer Devon, for penning this “home is where the heart is” romance. “Sweet, loving, witty” –Rainbow Book Reviews

I’ve read several books by the writing team of Bonnie Dee and Summer Devon and I’ve enjoyed them all. They have a knack of writing really sexy, interesting characters that live and breathe off of the written page. When it comes to writing gay historical romances, their books are definitely not to be missed.. .  It will leave you with a huge smile on your face and a happy contented heart. Loved it!
Top2bottom reviews.

For lovers of historical drama’s I can’t recommend this book highly enough, just allow enough time to read it as you won’t want to be interrupted.RATING: 5 Sweet Peas! Highly Recommended
Mrsconditreadsbooks.com


“The Gentleman’s Keeper” is a romance with a great deal of heart, one that explores the meaning of family and of love. Gerard and Miles are strong characters, and their story is compelling. Romancenovelnews

I am a huge fan of Bonnie Dee and Summer Devon’s historicals, … I have read and enjoyed almost all of them.  So I was thrilled to see this new story and I really thought it was wonderful as well. 4.5 stars Joyfully Jay

The Gentleman’s Keeper by Bonnie Dee and Summer Devon is one of the best historical romances I have read this year. The story has a rare richness and depth, and its many layers are lovingly revealed by these two talented authors.
Night Owl Reviews, Top Pick, 4 1/2 stars

The Gentleman’s Keeper is another sweet and enjoyable historical romance from Bonnie Dee and Summer Devon. Seeing their names on a book pretty much guarantees I’m going to like the contents.
Joyfully Reviewed, Cassie

This was an easy, sweet read that wasn’t overly emotional or too full of drama. Even the HEA was nicely done and left me with a good feeling.
Fiction Vixen

Just a beautiful story with so much in it that I adored. I was brought into the world the authors created and felt captivated from the first page all the way to the last.
Gaylist Book Reviews
Highly Recommended!

See what I mean? An author could get used to this sort of praise.

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

No snark. Bad puppy. No. (Review stuff.)