today I can put up pix


see? dead people, aka mom and dad. Both were first generation American.

Guessing game time:

One was Irish/English (with a mother named Anna McCann, for pity's sake).

The other was Eastern European Jew, generations back, with rabbis infesting the family.

Which was which?

This is one of those photos you get from a booth . . . photomatic, I think they're called? I love those things. I should post more. I have one I found on the street. It's of a couple kissing--one of the four frame type. I think it had fallen out of someone's trash.

I have some great four-photo ones of me and my kids jammed into a booth--usually someone's crying.

Here's another picture of the parents for the Guess The Heritage game. I never saw them doing canoodling like this. Never, ever. They were in their mid-40s by the time I came along. I was a "Hey, I thought I was finished with that!" baby.

Hmm. No more dead people pix on this computer. Too bad. Somewhere in my life is a picture of Danny looking like a gangster.

Oh, and here's the mysterious grandfather--Sundel. I did meet him, but he was thoroughly ga-ga by that that time. The comb-over was long gone by then too.

Comments

  1. I commented yesterday but it didn't go through for some reason!!
    YOur mom is so pretty - lovely smile you inherited there!!
    Your father looks very East European, your mom has that Irish smile. (of course I could be wrong! LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm the opposite of Sam: mom's the one from Eastern Europe :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:53 AM

    You look f-ing exactly like your mom! Smile, eyes, nose, expression of ... innocence, anticipation ... I can't believe it.
    You should get out pictures from all her decades - and look at your future.
    Or - maybe I should come & see you - maybe it's been so long, I've forgotten how you look. I think I'll come see you and compare the picture with the real thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your mom is tribe. Just a feeling. And I'm not surprised you were a late baby . . . so was I, and we get along so well.

    Neat pix!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

No snark. Bad puppy. No. (Review stuff.)