Thursday Thirteen--Charlene Teglia
in honor of finding out we're going to be togethah, forevah, in an anthology, I decided Charlene was the Woman for Today. Number 13 is cheating, Charli.
13 Things About Charlene Teglia
1. I live in Forks, Washington. If you’ve read Twilight, you might think we’re surrounded by vampires and werewolves. This is totally fictional. And the fact that I write about vampires and werewolves is totally coincidence. (But Bigfoot is real and living in the Hoh rain forest!)
2. Okay, so now you know where I get my ideas. No movie theaters, no bookstores, no cable TV, just me and my wild imagination and a whole lot of rainy days.
a teeny picture of charli3. "Earth Girls Aren’t Easy," my latest Ellora’s Cave novella, was based on a real event. A meteor lit up the skies over Seattle and the Olympic Peninsula in the summer of 04 and afterwards our military neighbor got up and went to work in the middle of the night. I said, “What if that was an alien space-ship crashlanding in Puget Sound?” All the authorities swore it was a meteor, but really, look what they say about Area 51.
4. I have two beautiful daughters. The four year old is learning to read. The two year old loves to say, “Story! Story!” and sit in my lap with a book.
5. My husband and I had a photography studio when we first married. This led to my first blog, a serial mystery about a couple running a photography studio, a dead client, and a mysterious package delivered posthumously. I dropped the serial due to pregnancy, new baby, and general life confusion, but got back to writing after Child #1 arrived and sold my first novel in 2004.
6. In 2004, I overshot my goal of making my first sale and made, um, four sales. After my third sale to Ellora’s Cave, I relaxed a little and quit thinking somebody was going to realize they’d made a mistake. Although I still return contracts fast, before anybody can think too hard about plot points like aliens crash-landing in Puget Sound.
7. We have two cats. Not on purpose. They just showed up. Muse and Trey apparently felt called to come and sit on my desk and get cat hair in my keyboard and they take their calling very seriously.
8. Kate and I are in an anthology together! Coming in Jan. 2009 from Pocket. Kate claims it was written by her alter-ego Summer Devon, but we all know the truth.
9. I write for Ellora’s Cave, Samhain, St. Martin’s Press, and now apparently I can add Pocket to that list. I love Pocket, they’ve published many of my favorite authors.
10. I do not have any Bosnian socks. I feel the lack.
11. I drink a lot of coffee. Coffee lowers your risk of adult-onset diabetes among other things, so I say forget the guilt and brew up another pot!
12. My next release is "I Was An Alien’s Love Slave" in the Ellora’s Cavemen Seasons of Seduction III anthology, in print and ebook Sept. 23. This is connected to Earth Girls Aren’t Easy although both stories stand alone. Thank you, meteors falling in Puget Sound!
13. I cannot wait for Kate to sell a new historical. A HOT historical that she lets Summer co-write.
13a. Yo, it's about Charli, not Kate. Charlene will actually be in two of the Ellora's Cave/Pocket anthologies. I can't find the letter announcing the anthologies, so she'll have to tell us when. There is more about her at her bio page, which is pretty fun reading. Iambic pentameter printer repair instructions? Should have gone for it, dude.