vegrandis desiderium or pusillus luctus

That's what the free on-line Latin translator thingy says is small regrets or tiny sorrow. I wanted something pompous-sounding, proper grammar be damned.

Here are some of v.d. or p.l.:

1. That someone taught the youngest boy the real lyrics to the Human League song. He thought it was:
Don't chew on me, baybay
Don't chew on me, girl

It fit our lives when he first heard it--our dog chewed everything.

I say there should be more songs about bad dogs and fewer songs about pathetic people begging for sex.

2. A larger pusillus luctus -- grande pusillus luctus? that we don't live closer to Leslie. And that Eric left his coat here. In the mail any minute, I swear.

3. That my hair isn't shinier after all that trouble. I took a picture with my new camera phone, but I can't seem to send the picture to myself. In it, the dog obviously has shinier, silkier hair than me.

4. That even though I've read the instructions to the new phone, I can't seem to send pictures.


Any day contains a bunch of these moments. If we give it a good latin name, it can feel like a grand event, and not just a few seconds or minutes of "aw, jeez."

I can't decide which I like better. Which one sounds less like a disease?

Comments

  1. Anonymous6:50 PM

    I dunno. I'm too non compos mentis to decide.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

No snark. Bad puppy. No. (Review stuff.)