trivial matters re: my bod

I'm getting an MRI on monday and had to get my wedding ring sawed off yesterday. Fun process to watch.

My ring finger remains very oddly shaped--like a Victorian lady who always wears corsets, my finger's shape has been altered by the ring. A skinny waist where the ring was, pudge above. Coolio.

The skin is pale and sensitive and delighted to be out in the air again.

Hey I've worn that thing for [jeebus!] 21 years.

The finger-altering thing happens to skinny types. My husband, who's about the same weight he was when we married, also has the Victorian waist thing happening on his finger. His ring is stuck, too. Neither one of us could get away with lying about the marriage thing even after we get our rings sawed off. Okay, there's always the "newly divorced" schtick. Or a really dark bar. . .

* * * *

I've lost almost 20 pounds since September--still have plenty more to go. Most of it was intentionally lost. I've been using http://www.calorie.count.com . Easy-peasy (or maybe just easier-peasier) when you have a food scale.

Comments

  1. Anonymous11:15 AM

    Once past med school, I stopped wearing the ring. My excuse (and it's a good one): I have to scrub so often, I would surely lose the ring.

    I'm not sure what my wife's excuse is, though. Hmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:24 PM

    I've got a bit of a groove in my finger where my ring sits. Being in Canada, all my flesh is pale. Also, I have to take mine off twice a week (no jewelry when you're doing judo).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:47 PM

    I actually started losing weight when I realized that I couldn't get it off. It scared me to think that if I hurt myself the finger would swell up beyond it.

    In other news, I finally put together that "what happened" post about politics in my small town that you asked for about 16 bazillion months ago. It's got a happy ending too.;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I use the online food diary at Fitday.com =) Way to go kate!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous8:28 AM

    Well done on your weight loss!! I use fitday too, I like all the graphs and stuff. You need another diet buddy you've got me!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

No snark. Bad puppy. No. (Review stuff.)