The way I see it, the new OJ book is the absolute opposite of that A Million Little Pieces by James Frey.

OJ said it's fiction, but it's probably mostly a memoir.
Frey said it's a memoir, but it's definitely mostly fiction.

As far as I'm concerned, the new OJ book has plenty in common with that Frey book.

I'll be damned before I buy either book. And I base my opinion of the books on the behavior of the authors rather than the writing. If someone forced me to choose between them, I'd buy that Frey book.

Comments

  1. Well, someone certainly has an opinion on this subject.

    My opinion? A couple of notnice human beings involved, so I'm with you. None of my money's going in either boy's pocket. Though part of me is curious to hear OJ's "fictional" account.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:21 AM

    I'm annoyed at OJ for writing the book, but not completely surprised. He really has no concept that he should be punished for killing people who pissed him off.

    But I'm really, really, really, annoyed that the proceeds are not automatically set to go towards paying off the civil suit. Really annoyed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Muttering balefully - "...may the book flop and Judith Regan lose all her money. May the book flop and Judith Regan lose all her money. May the book FLOP!!!!"

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

No snark. Bad puppy. No. (Review stuff.)