Thursday Thirteen--people who are dead

This entry is NOT morbid, dammit.

Stupid blogger's not working right -- I had such nice photos of dead people to upload. I'm talking before, not after pics. Heh. You want gross, check out Doug's slug sex play.... sometimes cutting-edge sex ideas cut edges that were better left untouched. Eeww, I'm gonna have bad images stuck in my brain for way too long.

a discussion about that movie...
N., a Mother On the Playground: You can't wish the president was dead.
Me: No, no. I don't wish he was dead so don't go calling the CIA on me, okay? I wouldn't mourn much if he died but I guess I wouldn't cheer. I don't believe in the death penalty for anyone.
N,MOP: But still. Not getting upset when a president is assassinated is wrong. Murder is not the way to change government.
Me: Yeah, good point. How about if I said that there are a lot of other people whose deaths would diminish the world more? That okay?
N,MOP: Oh, yeah. That I agree with one hundred percent.

Thus arose the list. See? Death, but not from a hideously depressed Kate obsessing with mortality after spending time in the ICU. This is from moms standing around, waiting for the kids to show up after the bell rings. Only I've changed the list from "people whose deaths diminished the world" to "deaths that have diminished MY world". And because N, MOP doesn't read this blog, it's a list of "people I'd rather see alive than Bush". Luckily I'm not God and I don't get to vote on this.

1 and 2. Mom and Dad

3. Jim Gordon--a professor of physics and one of the brightest people ever. He was 31 when he died.

4. William--Most of these people lived long lives. I just want them back because I'm selfish. William and Jim were too young.

5. Rosemary Z

6. Danny

7. Joan

8. MJ--I'd make him redo his stupid will before he slipped off again.

9. Zlata

10. Shakespeare. Duh. C'mon back and write some sit-coms, dude. Next time you drop off the twig you'll have more possessions to leave behind than your bed.

11. My grandfather--I didn't know any of my grandparents. I'd pick this one only because I've heard so many wildly differing stories about the man. I'd like to know whose was most accurate.

12. I.F. Stone --on the condition that he'd agree appear on the Colbert Report.

13. Richard Nixon only because I'd love to hear what that scandal-ridden perisher would say about Bush. Would he cheer on his old pal Kissinger or say the war was a mistake?

But I'm not sure I want him lurching around the place. Maybe someone can just channel him from the next life.

Comments

  1. I'm glad you explained. I was expecting zombie pix or something gruesome from CSI. Shows where my mind is.

    Interesting, eclectic list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't agree - it IS morbid. But it's Halloween, so I guess that's normal. The spirits are closer now.
    I've been thinking about my dad ALL the time lately.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:31 PM

    In college, I found a slug in our sink. I picked it up and threw it outside, and when I got back in, I thought I had an acid burn on my hand.

    No, really. I had this raised welt on my palm where I had touched the slug . . . only, it wasn't a welt. It was slime!

    I tried washing it off with water. No go. I used soap. No go. Eventually, I had to scrub it off with laundry detergent. Tenacious stuff.

    Hence the slug sex comment.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

No snark. Bad puppy. No. (Review stuff.)