Her baby was gone. She woke up alone, in the dark, and
reached for the comforting, sleeping shape of her baby but it was gone.
She wanted to cry out but something had been jammed down her
throat, cold and plastic. A tube, right, right…this
was the hospital. They did that in hospitals, but she had to talk, to tell
someone, the baby was more important than comfort. She reached for her face and
the tube blocking her throat.Pain then
more tubes moved with her hand. Awful pinching, and pulling tubes she plucked
The baby—she could hear it crying. Help me. The
scream didn’t come to her mouth. She wasn’t strong enough to get the wretched thing
from her throat which ached with plastic and tears.
She passed out.
When she woke, she didn’t remember the baby immediately and
when she did she wondered how she could have forgotten. Perhaps there’d been
drugs. Had they moved her from a place she’d been comfortable, hoping she’d
forget. Why was she here and in so much pain?
The baby. They’d…
A couple of people on some loops were in a panic because they were going to their first book signing and didn't know what to write. Here are some of the things I or my friend, B, have written. Only ... some of them aren't real. See if you can guess which four are fake.
1. Happy Reading!
2. Hope you enjoy it!
3. To [name]. You do know that this store won't take back books that have personalized inscriptions. Neener, neener
4. I hope you find your SOMEBODY WONDERFUL [<--book title] some day!
5. I'll find out if you try selling this on ebay.
6. Okay, you're gonna read mine, let's see yours. Let me know when it's out.
7. May all your dreams come true.
8. If you like this book, post a review on amazon.com. If you hate it, feel free to send me a long detailed note. But skip amazon, okay?
9. To [name], the inspiration for all of the very hottest scenes in this book.
10. To [name], who's all that and more.
11. To [blank's mother's name] Yes, I really do know yo…