wanted: outside influence

I like working alone with the dogs. They're good company and they don't interrupt--well, not with words anyway. Working alone is blissful.

But now I need a kick in the pants because I'm faltering. I spent too much time yesterday playing with a dailykos post I wrote and today the weather is too nice.

I emailed my agent hoping she'd have some influence. Nope.

So I think I need to hire a boss. Someone who'll glare at me and at her watch when I spend too much time puttering in the kitchen. My boss will say things like "that's good, but I think you can do better/do a little more/take it more seriously." He'll have a lot of energy and expect me to keep up with his time-table. Heck, just having a time-table would be nice.

Oh, and she'll hire a custodian to take care of the place.

Comments

  1. C'mon bee-yatch. Romance, dammit! Go. Write! Whining is not sexy ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you!

    perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:54 PM

    You don't need a boss. You need a personal trainer.

    And the lovely salome is right. Whining is so not sexy, and I depend upon you to be sexy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:26 PM

    Ohhhhhhhh, I could be your boss. I could. I'd love to be your boss. I would. Now get back to work and don't go blogging or emailing or talking to those kids or walk any dogs ... until you finish that %$^&*#!! chapter you've been putting off. And if you don't listen to me, I'll remind you of some embarassing moment. Ha! I knew that would get you typing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

No snark. Bad puppy. No. (Review stuff.)