my prediction and whining

Amazon is apparently now dumping any reviews on books that were NOT purchased at their site--or so I hear. (I checked and my reviews are still up.) Strikes me as a rotten idea because I suspect those reviews are why most people head over there.

If this happens, then my guess is Barnesandnoble.com will suddenly become a lot more popular.

Of course, I was sure the moment of champagne sharing with fans was going to be played over and over and over. . .So my abilities to forsee popular culture future are suspect, eh?

UPDATED: A person who seems to know a lot about these things says you needn't have bought the particular book you review on Amazon, you just have to be an Amazon customer.

What's worse is my digestion is driving me N U T S again. Ick! Yuck! bleh. No wonder Regency dyspeptic secondary characters are so gloomy and cross.

Comments

  1. I've heard conflicting stories about this, so I'd love to see a formal announcement from Amazon. It was explained to me this weekend, only that you can only post reviews if you've bought something (anything) from Amazon. In other words, under your "real" identity, the account you use to purchase things from Amazon. The idea, as it was explained, was to keep people even further from creating fake names to post under. I was fairly confused by this explanation, lolol, since I wasn't sure exactly how it differed from their "real name" policy.

    I agree with you that it would be a shame if they only allowed reviews from people who've purchased the item from Amazon :(

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

No snark. Bad puppy. No. (Review stuff.)