several arguments around the house

me: No, I'm sorry. It's not winter. The heat's not going on yet.
boy: Dang it, mom, look! I can see my breath--See? steam!
me: Okay, put on a sweater.
boy: I'm already wearing two shirts and a sweatshirt.
me: Where's your coat?
boy: The dog is shivering! Just turn on the heat, would you?
me: Wait until your dad gets home.
boy: Why?!
me: He knows how and I'm too cold to go bang around in the basement.
winner--boy

dog: prancing by door. I need to go out! whine!
me: opening door.
dog: scratching at door. woof! WOOF
me: opening door. Shut up. You're annoying the neighbors. Okay, come on in.
[three minutes later]
dog: prancing by door. out! again! whine!
me: Listen you dumb mutt, I can't leave the back door open any more. It's too cold. And no, I don't have time to keep letting you in and out of the house. Pick a place and stay there for a few minutes. . . . What's wrong?
dog: prancing by door It's a squirrel! I have to go out. God, it's on the deck! It's a squirrel I tell you. woof! out! woof!
me: opening door.
dog: aw, whaddaya know, the squirrel got away. hey it's cold and boring out here. Woof! WOOF!
winner--dog and squirrel.

character: But it's too early in the story to have sex.
me: This is erotica. It's never too early.
character: I don't even know the woman. I don't even know myself. Do you?
me: You're perpetually horny.
character: Yeah, but that's just one aspect of my nature. Where's my character development?
me: Later. During. After. Just get into bed, would you? No, hold on a sec. No need to go all the way to the bedroom. In fact, forget walking home. Let's have it right here in the office and you'll make it on a desk.
character: How about a scene just to show what a sympathetic sort of person I--
me: Shut up. Moan or something, okay? In a sympathetic manner.
character: Moan.
winner--Summer Devon.

Why I like writing--> I win some arguments.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No snark. Bad puppy. No. (Review stuff.)