Thursday Thirteen--Hell Hounds
She does some great world-building in those books and HEY, YOU READERS, heads up because I'm going to give away one of her books -- the first in the series--some time in the next few days. See note at end. I mean it, pay attention.
THURSDAY [heh, Tor's day] THIRTEEN ABOUT HELL HOUNDS:
1. Hellhounds are the sexiest shapeshifters to walk the nine worlds. (You don’t believe me? Yeah, but would you say it to their face?)
2. Hellhounds like meat—not vegetables or frilly pastries. Meat, people. (ummm, are we talking people as meat?)
3. Hellhounds have issues with jewelry—especially the kind enchanted by evil witches to bind them to their kennels.
4. Hellhounds do not dance. They might kick the shit out of someone in a bar fight—but technically that is not dancing.
5. Hellhounds respect the alpha, right up to the moment when they grind his face in the dirt and take over his position.
6. Hellhounds believe all men are created equal—unfortunately that’s equal to each other, not a hellhound. Seriously, stay out of their way.
7. Hellhounds do not share—food, power, women, anything. Don’t ask and your face won’t have to be introduced to the wall.
8.Hellhounds have a soft spot…somewhere, hidden deep inside under all that testosterone and muscle.
9. Hellhounds do not watch sports on TV and drink beer to bond. They break tables and heads instead.
10. Hellhounds do not mind being naked—makes it hard for anyone around them to think of anything else, but it doesn’t bother them.
11.Hellhounds vacation in fun spots like mud pits and icy spectral kennels. They do not “do” the beach.
12. Hellhounds do not care if they are “understood,” just keep the hell out of their way.
13. Hellhounds don’t date; they mate.
Wild Hunt, Lori's latest Nocturne, releases TOMORROW May 23. It can be ordered at eHarlequin right now and you can read an excerpt at Lori's place.
Hey, look, Lori--hard copies are already out at Amazon,
AND LOOK HERE! I'M HAVING A GIVE AWAY. These always make me nervous but . . .
Go on, make a comment sometime between now and next Tuesday on this post or any other, and I'll pick a random winner/a winner at random, whatever. You'll win a copy of Unbound. (thanks, Lori)
Okay blog visitors, comment so I don't look like a goober, okay? Please?