what's for dinner--messing around on a hot day

Trader Joe brown rice medley** cooked the way they told me to. That stuff is fun to bite--nice give to it.


1/2 of the TJ rice stuff mixed with chopped cherry tomatoes, garlic and red onion minced, some of last year's frozen basil, some lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, and olive oil. Based on L's recipe--except she uses plain brown rice because of the celiac factor. I added crumbled goat cheese because we have it.

I'd never made this TJ medley before and I ended up with a lot.

I tried a variation on a 90's salad standard: the other half of the rice with dried cranberries and toasted walnuts (I wanted almonds) and sesame-based salad dressing (I'm lucky enough to have some Krazy Kazu's) If we had oranges, I maybe put some chopped bits in. But we don't. And if I had any more red onion, I'd put that in too, but it's gone. And maybe as an homage to the original recipe, I'd add little strips of spinach--if we had any.

Yum. I bet they'll be better tomorrow.

_______

**It has barley in it so I guess that means it's not gluten free.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No snark. Bad puppy. No. (Review stuff.)