I write letters

My reader letter responses: 
LETTER #1 Dear Reader, Thank you so much for taking the time to write. I'm very glad you liked my book and I would be extremely grateful if you'd post a review featuring the many paragraphs of praise you give it. Writers love it when readers hit Amazon with their reviews. It is like getting a birthday gift and christmas gift rolled into just a few precious paragraphs. It's better than chocolate cake, a bunch of flowers and a singing telegram performed by [name of famous singer here]. It feels as miraculous and marvelous as finding a open parking space in Manhattan. A letter like yours makes our day brighter. A review saying those same things makes our month brighter. Proclaiming your affection for my book in public is a declaration that echoes the happiest moments of my life, such as when my husband sank to his knee in the Kansas City Airport to ask for my hand in marriage, or the first time my kids called me Mom, or the time I got a gold star from my favorite second grade teacher. It is a sublime moment of unadulterated joy.
Love and kisses, Kate

LETTER #2 Dear Reader, Thank you so much for taking the time to write. I'm sorry you didn't like my book. 
Sincerely, Kate

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No snark. Bad puppy. No. (Review stuff.)