Pages

Sunday, January 31, 2010

report

I can breathe again. And this morning I talked to someone who didn't say "god, you sound awful," as we conversed.

Tomorrow is my youngest baboo's birthday and he'll be a teenager. He's been one in body and mind for a while, of course. And he's been taller than me way too long. But. A teenager.

He didn't even NOTICE that tomorrow's his birthday. I had to point it out. I wonder if I hadn't how much time would have passed before he'd say, "heeyyyyy wait a second.. . . What date is it again?"

Then the next boy birthday is in about a week. Busy times. But not nearly as busy as it was almost 13 years ago.

Thirteen years. God. I remember sitting on the hospital bed. Leslie was there. I was thinking I couldn't make the two mile trip from the hospital to home without dying. And back at home there was a toddler and preschooler waiting for me. And my husband had 1.5 jobs at the time, both about an hour from our house, and so he was gone from 5 am until 10 pm. Oh, and I had to write an issue of the motherfucking Kids News in one week or get in big trouble. God.

How do you people with babies do it? I've forgotten.

3 comments:

  1. How do people with babies do it?

    God only knows. I know I'd better try to figure it out in the next six months or so. :P (All I can say so far is thank God for helpful spouses/partners!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's about as cool as can be that you've got a bun in the oven. Amelia must be thrilled.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heh. Thanks, Kate. :) We're pretty darned excited, too. The kidlet is over the moon, especially now that we've found out it's a girl-bun. (She is dying for a baby sister.)

    I'll let you know how I manage to (not) keep it all together when the time comes...! :P

    ReplyDelete