A couple of people on some loops were in a panic because they were going to their first book signing and didn't know what to write. Here are some of the things I or my friend, B, have written. Only ... some of them aren't real. See if you can guess which four are fake.
1. Happy Reading!
2. Hope you enjoy it!
3. To [name]. You do know that this store won't take back books that have personalized inscriptions. Neener, neener
4. I hope you find your SOMEBODY WONDERFUL [<--book title] some day!
5. I'll find out if you try selling this on ebay.
6. Okay, you're gonna read mine, let's see yours. Let me know when it's out.
7. May all your dreams come true.
8. If you like this book, post a review on amazon.com. If you hate it, feel free to send me a long detailed note. But skip amazon, okay?
9. To [name], the inspiration for all of the very hottest scenes in this book.
10. To [name], who's all that and more.
11. To [blank's mother's name] Yes, I really do know your son. But, no, he's not in this book.
12. To [dog name] WOOF! Good dog.
13. The perfect decor for empty wallspace is more bookshelves.
Which ones haven't I seen or written:
4 (sort of cheating because I have written "to/ SW/with best wishes"), 7, 12 (but I did dedicate a novella to the dogs) 13 (I like the sentiment though)
#9 is real and in fact at least seven people (men) have asked me to write that.